The De Anza College Orchestra
Welcome to the home page of the De Anza College orchestra. We'd love to
see you at our concert on November 20th, 2009 at 7:30 p.m. in the
Visual and Performing Arts Center
on the De Anza College campus. More information below.
November 20th Concert
Friday, November 20th @ 7:30 p.m. in the VPAC
tickets at the door: $10 general admission; $5 students & seniors
- J.S. Bach's Brandenburg Concerto #5
- C.P.E. Bach's Symphony No. 3
- J.C. Bach's Overture No. 2
- Haydn's Symphony No. 99 (Minuet & Trio)
- Mozart's Symphony No. 1
We perform in De Anza College's
Visual and Performing Arts Center which is
near Stelling and Stevens Creek in Cupertino (map).
Car and bike parking are available. Additionally, the VTA #23 stops right between our practice and
Concert and Dress Rehearsal Dates
- Thursday, Nov. 19: Dress rehearsal
- Friday, Nov. 20: Orchestra concert
- Saturday, Dec. 5: Messiah concert
Joining in the fun
You should register (for Winter Quarter 2010)!
If you are already in the orchestra, put up one of these
recruiting posters wherever you work
Feel free to contact the communications manager, Soren Spies, (email@example.com) or the
director, Loren Tayerle (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any
questions. Prior orchestral experience is helpful but not required.
Possible Music for Winter 2010
- Beethoven, Choral Fantasy (to be performed in Winter 2009) -
- Beethoven, Symphony #9, Movt. 4 (to be performed in Winter 2009)
- sheet music
We practice from 7pm-10pm on Thursday nights in De Anza's room A-31 (inside
the shaded building "A3" on this campus map -- note the
big parking structure -- parking is $2). De Anza itself is at Stevens
Creek and Highway 85 (directions).
(please link to us; we may eventually have a fancier site and we'd like to
show up in search engines someday :)